What are the A-G Requirements?
Lemoore Online is a college preparatory high school which has designed its required coursework to meet the University of California (UC)/California State University (CSU) "A-G Requirements" for admissions. Basically, in order to be admitted to any CSU or UC campus, students must complete California's minimum high school graduation requirements AND the A-G requirements (a sequence of courses) while in high school. You must also meet your local requirements for high school graduation. You must get a "C" or better in each course.
The "A-G Requirements" are:
- SPECIFIC courses students must take and pass in high school in order to be eligible to apply for admissions to any UC or CSU school.
- 15 year long high school courses that must be passed with a letter grade of C or better.
The minimum sequence of A-G courses you need to complete are:
(a) History/Social Science 2 years (The California state required minimum for graduation is 3 years.)
(b) Language Arts (English) 4 years
(c) Mathematics 3 years
(d) Science (Laboratory) 2 or 3 years
(e) Foreign Language 2 or 3 years
(f) Visual and Performing Arts 1 year
(g) College Preparatory Elective
Use UC A-G Course Lists to find certified courses at your high school or community college.
Ninth grade is important because your ninth-grade classes can count toward college course requirements. For example, to get the four years of English you need to apply to either CSU or UC schools, you have to start taking English in the ninth grade. Also, classes taken in ninth grade prepare you for higher-level courses, not to mention high school graduation.
What is the Master Agreement?
As part of its Charter, Lemoore Online utilizes a "Master Agreement" as a contract between each Lemoore Online student, the program, and the District. On this Master Agreement our teachers and our counselor list the required classes a student must take each semester/year to ensure that students are on track to not only graduate, but to do so ready for entrance to a CSU or UC campus.
Within this Master Agreement document is also contained:
- The Student's personal and contact information
- Details of the Lemoore Online program, including:
- Methods of Study
- Resources for Students
- The Structure of the Instructional Day
- Methods of Evaluation/Grading
- Meeting/Attendance Requirements
- Synchronous Instruction
- The Voluntary Statement
- Additional Policies and Procedures
- A LIST of the student's current classes for the current semester/school year and the possible value of credits earned
- Signatures of Lemoore online staff, the student, and their parent/guardian
***An example of the Master Agreement can be found BELOW. It will be discussed, completed and signed AT ORIENTATION.